Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 2

Hello again.

Today I received something on the mail: My Drumeo gifts for joining the site in March. A T-shirt and a pair of sticks. I used the sticks already, and they're really good. I'll be switching between them and my Yamaha sticks (which are really really REALLY heavier than all my other sticks, and I use them exactly because of that).

Drumeo T-shirt and sticks! Yay.
Off to work then. Here's my pad practice for today:
Today I was able to practice a little bit more, and I started the Drumeo's "De-Stupifying Left Hand" Lesson, which is a series of exercises to develop speed, control and independence with the weak hand... In my case: the left (and retarded) one. It was really difficult to control my dynamics with independence between hands... Something to work on tomorrow.
Also, I advanced in the "Push-Pull Technique" too, with a triplet-based exercise... Felt a little weird, but I guess I just need to get used to the triplet feel with the technique there.
Overall, I was able to do most of the exercises without difficulties, and increasing the BPM a little bit in all of them. Productive day!

Went to the doctor today too: said I was recovering really quickly, but that I should NOT play drums for at least another month... ANOTHER MONTH. Man...

Practice pad it is, I guess. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment