Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 16

Hello.

So... As I foretold, today I had almost no time to practice...
But I still managed to squeeze 1 hour of pad practice today. =)

Go go go.

Today's practice:

As I said above, took me 1h today.
20' Workout is solid. I'm really happy about it and pretty confident that I'll beat the 80bpm goal easily.
The dynamics on the "De-Stupifying Left Hand" is improving... The ghost notes are really quiet, but as the tempo goes up, so does the volume in them... Have to fix that.
The Single Stroke Four Variation Challenge today was a pain in the ass... Took me a few minutes to understand the damn thing all over again... I ended up having to slow down to 90bpm to get it going, and then going up to 100bpm to do the 2 minutes of the exercise... Have to practice some more reading/writing of music notation, I guess... Anyway, in the next session I'll try to start the next lesson on the course.
The 16th note doubles with the Push-Pull technique is another exercise/goal that is going to be easy to beat... I'm in 95bpm and the mark is 100bpm... The movement on this higher tempo is getting a little sloppy, but I'm confident that I can clean it up and play it at 100bpm until Sunday with no problems.

That's that for today. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment