Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 14

Hello.

Sunday is over, and this time, I'll start a new tradition: Setting goals for the week every Sunday.
That's another of Stephen Taylor's practice tips, this time on a lesson he gave on Drumeo called (ahem... wait for it...) "Stephen Taylor's practice tips".

So, my goals for this week:

Some of them will be easy... Some of them will not. But it is totally doable.
This weekly-goals-setting thing looks like a good strategy to give that "drive" to my practice sessions... I really liked it. Let's see how it goes this week.

Today's practice:

Among a lot of family parties and visiting today, I actually managed to practice a good 1h30 (with intervals and watching the course video on Drumeo).
The 20' workout went well... My arms got tired, but the movement are a lot less sloppy. Tomorrow I'll try it at 77bpm.
The new "De-Stupifying Left Hand" exercises need work... The dynamics are not that good, so I'm locking it at 64bpm until I fix this. That will be my focus for tomorrow.
The Push-Pull is getting solid at higher tempos... And I'm almost being able to speed it up to a really higher speed... The mechanics need a little working, but overall I'm happy with it. And I can notice the influence of this exercise on my Doubles, even when I'm not (consciously) using the technique.

Oh: And I added a new rudiment, the Single Stroke Four. It's easy actually... But very useful too... I can see a lot of applications on the drum kit... Wish I could try them. Oh well...

The Single Stroke Four rudiment. (source: Vic Firth 40 Essential Rudiments)
That's it. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment