Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 3

Hello!

Today, I received new stuff on the mail again: a new snare stand (for my pad) and a new Evans HD Dry head for my snare.

New snare stand for my practice pad


New snare head
So, there I was, replacing the old head with the new one, and started tuning... When I discovered this:
Missing drum lug cover
Busted lug.
I had never noticed before, but one of my snare's lugs had no cover... And, since the head wasn't ajusting correctly in this side, I noticed the lug was busted... I'll need to replace this.
Luckly, I've found the exact same type of lug at mercadolivre.com.br ("our" eBay). Cost me R$ 5,00 (something like U$2.00). So, guess I'll be waiting for the mail again. =)

So... To the practice of the day:
It took a lot of effort, but I managed to continue all the same exercises I did yesterday... It's almost 3AM here, but I managed.

My Doubles are starting to get faster...  It's been 2 days since I'm not struggling (too much) on the Doubles 16th notes Speed Accel... A lot of progress there, I guess... But I'm still not happy with my left hand... Especially on the Polyrythms exercise, which has a 16th note LLLL pattern for a full bar, in 104bpm now... I can do the damn thing, but it's sounding like crap... Need to get it clean. That will be my focus for tomorrow.
On the bright side, I'm getting the Push-Pull Technique figured out... It's going smoothly now, and I think I can speed up the tempos a little more than usual.
Also, the De-Stupifying Left Hand exercises need some more movement cleaning, but, I've managed to improve a lot on that today.

Now... I definitely need some sleep. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment