Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 19

Hi.

Today was one of those days... A friggin' bad day. And that reflected on my practice as well.

One of those days that you feel like you shouldn't have get out of bed
My practice for today:

Small right? But pay attention to the Average duration of each exercise. With the exception of the 20' workout, NOTHING was getting right today, and I kept looping the same things over and over... Horrible. I struggled for 1h15m today, until I gave up for the day.
With all this crappy day, I decided that I'll be going back to basics, and I'm going to get some speed on the Single Stroke Roll before getting the "3's, 5',s and 7's" and the "Single Stroke Four" at a higher tempos... That means I'll be "giving up" 2 of my goals for this week. That's Ok I guess, because I must have more control on my singles. Speed alone means nothing without control. And, as said by John Blackwell on his lesson on Drumeo: "Whatever you play, whatever you hit, you wanna MEAN to hit it", and I just wasn't feeling it in my Singles anymore... Whenever I'm going quicker, I'm getting sloppier... So I'm going to fix that.
I fixed the starting of the Single Stroke Roll exercises in 90bpm after going over and over on them with a variety of tempos... 90 bpm seemed to be that limit between control and chaos. That's the line I'll be stretching in the next days.

Now, I'll be going to bed... Tomorrow will be better than today, I'm sure of it. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment