Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 4

Hello there. Today was another day with the pad.

The pad, the metronome and my first broken stick.
Well... Nothing different (drumming-wise) really happened today, so I'll just talk about today's exercises.
Well... Today I started a little off... After the first exercise, I thought to myself... "oh... it's gonna be one of THOSE sadim-touch days." (sadim, which is Midas backwards... google it up). But it actually went well.

The downside of the day: stress, and concentration... Today I was off, stressed for no reason... I think I'll need to cool down... Isolate my practice time from the rest of my daily life. That will be my focus for the next days.

The good stuff: Push-Pull Technique is definitely stable. I think I'll just record me and upload the video to my member page on Drumeo, and see what my fellow Drumeos think about it. I'm pretty sure some good tips will come out of that.
Also: while I was doing the Singles 16th notes Speed Accel exercise, I managed to figure out what I was doing wrong with my left hand grip... Just mirrored the right hand, focusing on the angle of the stick in my hand, and that was it... I'll be practicing with the new I-think-that-it-is-now-correct grip on the exercises from now on, so it gets stuck in my head. Already helped to nail the exercise... So I'm hopeful. =)

That's it... See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment